- ¾ cup (120g) wholemeal self – raising flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Perfect Protein powder
- 2 teaspoons (10g) raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated* lemon rind
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 free – range egg
- non – stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup (140g) low fat natural Greek style yoghurt
- 2 fresh passion fruit, flesh removed
- Place the flour, protein powder, sugar and lemon rind into a bowl. In a jug combine the buttermilk and egg. Whisk to combine. Add the liquid to the flour and stir to combine.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Spray lightly with oil and use a ¼ cup measure to scoop batter from the bowl and add to the frying pan, flatten out the batter a little with the back of a spoon. Cook 2-3 pancakes at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side and until small bubbles begin to appear in the uncooked side of the pancake facing you. Use a flat egg slide to turn the pancakes over and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a side plate cover with foil to keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve drizzled with maple syrup, top with yoghurt and passion fruit or fruit of your choice.
Per serve: 2140kj (512 cal), 26g protein, 74g carbs, 36g sugars, 10g fat (4g sat), 9g fibre.
Tip – A microplane grater – has a very fine grate ideal for rind of citrus and ginger, readily available in kitchenware shops.