- 850g lean minced beef
- 1 diced onion
- ½ diced capsicum
- 350g tub low fat ricotta cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ½ small can tomato paste
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp parsley
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchinis sliced length ways
- 400g spinach
- 1 or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup parmesan or low fat cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Brown the mince in a little olive oil. Add the onions, capsicum, garlic and sauté until onions are transparent. Add the tomato sauce, paste, wine and seasoning and mix well.
- Beat together the whites, ricotta cheese, and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil. Spread half of the meat mixture on the bottom of the pan. Top with zucchini slices. Spread with all the ricotta mixture, and top with spinach then mushroom slices. Sprinkle with ½ cup cheese. Top with remaining meat mixture, and remaining cheese to top it off.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
Per serve: 1075.2kj (256 cal), 32.4g protein, 15.8g carbs, 7.9g sugars, 6.7g Fat, 3.5g fibre.